Fast and nimble, the Tornado EPX Pro v2 is ready to run with a 3300KV RC540 brushless electric motor, waterproof 60A electronic speed controller (ESC), powerful 6Kg steering servo, and our reliable 2.4GHz radio system. The updated Tornado EPX Pro v2 requires a LiPo battery pack and a LiPo-safe battery charger.
The Tornado EPX Pro has remained one of the most popular buggies for many years and has undergone several performance updates in its time. With this newest update, Recat has given the Tornado EPX Pro a complete cosmetic makeover which includes a new body and wheels. The updated Tornado EPX Pro now requires a 7.4V (2S) LiPo battery pack and a LiPo-safe battery charger.
Redcat has given the Tornado EPX Pro a new body paint scheme and black 5-spoke wheels, adding to the aggressive look of this updated buggy. The new wheels are durable and add to the Tornado EPX Pro’s new styling.
The Tornado EPX pro uses a durable lightweight molded plastic chassis with an aluminum upper brace plate for added rigidity. Its low center of gravity allows for stable handling on or off the track.
The Tornado EPX Pro is fully adjustable and upgradable. The Tornado EPX Pro’s adjustable metal turnbuckles allow the camber and toe angle to be fine-tuned for the best performance on any surface.
The aluminum threaded body oil-filled shocks are easily adjusted by twisting the spring tension collars and are completely tunable with aftermarket shock oils, pistons, and/or springs. The included dual-rate springs are designed to offer superior handling over small bumps and large jumps alike. There are also several upper and lower shock mounting positions for dialing in performance even further.
Tunable metal gear-sealed differentials, four-wheel independent suspension, and aggressive knobby tires give the Tornado EPX Pro the ability to grab loads of traction while bashing around the yard, or timing laps around the track.
The Tornado EPX Pro is completely tunable and is ready for most driving situations out of the box
- Brushless Power System
- Aluminum Body Oil Filled Shocks
- Aluminum Shock Towers
- Front and Rear Gear Differentials
- Molded Plastic Chassis
- Ball Bearings throughout
- Tunable Suspension, Gear Differentials & Shocks
- Adjustable Ride Height, Camber, Toe Angle & Rear Wing
- Multiple shock positions
- 4-Wheel Independent Suspension
- Racing Tires/Rims
- 3300KV RC540 Brushless Motor
- Waterproof 60A ESC (2S Li-Po Ready / *3S Li-Po Caplable)
- Waterproof High Torque Steering Servo
- 2.4GHz Radio System
(1) 2S Lipo Battery
(1) LiPo Battery Charger
(4) AA Batteries for Transmitter
- Part# RER05923
- Chassis: Composite Fiber
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Ground Clearance: 1.0 in (26mm)
- Height: 6.3 in (160mm)
- Length: 15.7 in (400mm)
- Motor Size: 540
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Motor Specs: 3300KV RC540
- Radio: 2.4GHz Radio System
- Servos: Hi-Torque Servo for Steering
- Shock Type: Aluminum Body Oil Filled
- Size/Scale: 1/10
- Speed Control: Brushless ESC (2S Li-Po Ready / *3S Li-Po Caplable)
- Vehicle Type: Buggy
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Wheelbase: 10.8 in (275mm)Width: 9.8 in (250mm)
- Connector: Deans
(1) 1/10 Tornado EPX Pro Electric Buggy
(1) 2.4GHz Radio
- *Redcat only recommends 2S LiPo or 6-7 cell NiMH/NiCD battery packs. Using more voltage than what they recommend will void all warranties and is at your own risk. However, various users have reported faster speeds while using 3S (11.1v) LiPo batteries. We recommend, prior to using a 3S battery, users should understand and evaluate all associated risks.