This 20T pinion gear fits motors with a 5mm shaft and is made durable for long-lasting performance. Traxxas pinion gears let you fine-tune the performance of your RC model. Changing gear ratios can help balance acceleration and top speed for different running conditions. Please consult your owner’s manual for more information on recommended gearing options for your specific model.
Accessory Part for:
Maxx® 4WD with WideMaxx
- X-Maxx® 4WD
- E-Revo® VXL Brushless 4WD
- Model# 6494X
- Teeth: 20 T
- Pitch/Module: 1.0 Metric Pitch
- Material: Metal
- Color: Bronze
- Design: Use with 1.0 metric pitch spur gears & motors with 5mm shafts
(1) Traxxas 20T / 1.0 Pitch Pinion Gear for 5mm Shafts
(1) Set Screw
- Always refer to your vehicle's manual or check with the vehicle's manufacturer to verify compatibility.
Make sure you thread lock the grub/set screw.
Larger gears will result in higher top-end speeds while smaller gears provide more torque. For quicker acceleration, it is recommended to go for a smaller pinion gear (with fewer teeth) and a larger spur gear (with more teeth). Your car will accelerate off the mark very quickly with more torque, and you'll also benefit from cooler running temperatures, extending the life of your motor and ESC. Always consult your vehicle owner’s manual for proper gearing ratios and temperature ranges to keep your electronics safe.