CC CapPack is useful in all brushless motor applications, where it serves to give just that little boost needed to overcome ripples in the battery voltage caused by hard acceleration or long battery wires. Ripple voltage is hard on an ESC so by adding the CC CapPack, you can can help reduce the load on the controller's on-board capacitors. The CapPack uses four 220µF, 50V capacitors totaling 880µF.
RC cars and trucks put enormous loads on brushless power systems. Use CC CapPack to help your system power through the abuse. Larger electric power systems lead to larger electric powered aircraft, and sometimes the distance between the battery pack and the ESC grows beyond the length of the wires installed on the components. Adding wire also adds inductance, which can increase the ripple voltage in a system. CC CapPack essentially negates the ripple caused by the addition of up to 8 inches of length to the battery wires.
- Negates the ripple caused by hard acceleration and extra wiring.
- Helps protect the brushless power systems in RC Vehicles, Helicopters, Planes and Wings.
- Supports up to 12S Systems.
- RC Vehicles
- Wing Aircrafts
- Part# 011-0002-02
- Voltage Range: 5V-50.4V
- Capacitance: 880µF total
(1) Castle Creations CapPack
- All Castle controllers with data logging capabilities can report the ripple voltage they encounter during use. Ripple voltage peaks should always be less than 10% of the total pack voltage; the smaller the ripple voltage the better. If an application exhibits more than 10% ripple voltage under peak loads, the user should consider using higher discharge (C Rating) batteries, shorter wires, higher current connectors, better gearing or a smaller load.
- Multiple CapPacks may be used in any given application. They should all be installed as close to the ESC as possible.